Here is a list of questions I have been using to assess strategies for digital projects to ensure that we are thinking through how multiple screens (tablets, phones, PC’s, TV’s) will impact the campaign. For more info on this, check out this research from Google
1) What devices will people use to interact with this project?
Will they be searching for it on their phone or tablet? How will the experience on a PC transfer to a mobile device? How do we tie everything together? On which device will it start on?
2) Will device usage be sequential (phone ->PC) or simultaneous (TV + Tablet)?
How can we leverage either of these behaviours to increase conversion?
3) How do we target or optimize for multi-screen movement and interactions?
If people are moving from their phone to the computer, how can we make this seamless and simple?
4) How will people discover this project?
Paid media? Social recommendations? Traditional advertising? What devices will they have their first interaction?
5) What is the core objective of each project?
How can each device support or connect this objective?
Bonus - Will multiple devices be used in the decision making process?
Will they research more on a mobile device then transfer to a computer to make a purchase? How does social come into play? Will they research pricing on their phone in situ?